Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kenley-- Fashion Week collection

Alright. Let's do this. (click for pics, same as before)

I've never been a fan of the overskirt look, and I'm not a big fan of the short front hem, not when it's this much shorter than the back. I hereby dub it "mullet skirt". Surprisingly I don't mind the fin on her left boob, though.














It's so 80's. I can't stand it.

















This is her bridesmaid dress from last week. So...that would mean she got rid of something else. And what I don't see is the long green dress with the high neck and the rope that Tim called a noose.














This is very much like the dress that helped her win the New York inspiration challenge, except that this dress is strapless and that one was much more covered up. I like the neckline of this one better but I still think the clashing prints and the weird slashy skirt are too weird looking.













This skirt is too impractical for anyone to wear in real life but I like the shape it makes. I don't know if I like those shoes.
















The only "Kenley" feeling to this dress is the neckpiece. A plain black sheath? It's just not her usual silhouette.
















I really like this dress. I like the pattern, mostly, even though I think the shape is wrong for me, but I kind of want a dress with embroidery or painted stuff down the front like that.















That's a lot of skin for Kenley. If you look, all her bodices have high necks, or at least are strapless but even those are modest. It kind of doesn't go. But then you see the print in the green.















So this looks like just a plain old Kenley dress with one of her 80's prints but that fabric is hand-painted silk. It's impressive, but I wish it was done in such a way that it was more obvious. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't seen her talk about it in the last episode.














I think this wedding dress is exactly the same. And it's really close to the Alexander McQueen that Kors and Nina mentioned. Not identical but close enough that she should be nervous about it.
















Kenley has pretty dresses, but that's about all she does: no pants, not even a top and skirt two piece outfit. Well, the green low-cut piece with the ruffle might be a skirt and top. She's got her own style, but it's not for everyone. I don't think she's won, because I don't see any pieces that make me stop and stare at them in shock.

No comments: