Thursday, February 28, 2008

Project Runway Fashion Week--Chris

I am so thrilled that Chris still showed at Fashion Week, even though "it didn't count" or whatever. I know there are a lot of people who share my opinion that he should have made it instead of Rami. Whatever. I'm a lot calmer about it now than I was last night, and I think even Chris himself knew they wouldn't let him in no matter what he did. Pics (from Blogging Project Runway) after the jump.


Chris gets some extra points here for using some model from "America's Next Top Model", which I don't watch, but I applaud using one reality show's contestants to support another reality show on a completely different network. That is supposedly George Washington on the dress. I like the pop-art quality of it, like his Hershey dress, but who in real life would wear it?









I want this jacket. Not with the hair trim. But the fabric has a pattern to it and I love it. The lighter patch on the model's hip is not sewn down to her skirt so it moves when she walks. I like the cut of the skirt too.













This is basically like the first dress, but if there's a picture on it I can't figure out what it is. This model looks pretty emo. And I'd like to see if that's a train or what, even though holding the skirt up prevents the model from tripping over the clothes.












You know why the hair trim bothers me, I think? It's because it looks like my hair, straight and dark. And that would be a trench coat, with hair trim, and wide legged pants. It's like a bathrobe and pajama bottoms. Too much fabric and bulk.












I want this jacket. Yes I know it's the same cut as the blue one but in red velvet but I liked that one too. Seriously, Chris, if you're reading this, leave a comment or email me and we'll talk.













Goth high school girl going to prom. It's pretty, even the patterned tights, but that's the vibe I get from it.















This is actually pretty elegant. The side panels are velvet, and the center panel is another fabric. I can't tell if it's tacked down, or is wider than the velvet so it billows, because I can't find video (of course).









The collar on the jacket is in a velvet, matching the skirt, while the jacket itself is a satin, I think. I like the gathered sleeves and how they match the way the skirt is constructed, although I'm not sure I like the way the skirt looks. This look is pretty Goth--really dark with dark styling. And then gray tights.










It's really hard to tell if the red is a pattern on the fabric, or painted on afterwards. You can't see well in this picture, but the model has a belt or something with a pendant hanging off it. Like a watch fob.













This is one of the looks he showed on the episode last night. I saw someone refer to this as horsehair, before they knew what it was. That skirt is still crazy awesome. It looks like beads, or springs, or just twisted metal, and not like safety pins at all. Even knowing what it is I still can't see safety pins in it.











I like the idea and silhouette of this dress more than I like the fact that the skirt looks like the back of my head.















The crocheted part of the dress? On the top part of the bodice I don't think it's lined.
















OK, he has hair and the whole thing is very dark and Goth. But it's well made, and it tells a story, and it's a cohesive collection, at least I think so. And you wouldn't know it's hair unless he told you. It's no weirder than origami gowns or any of the other crazy stuff you see in couture shows. Maybe that's where he needs to be.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Poor Chris!

Click here for DavidDust’s Project Runway recap.

Bye…love you…love your hair!